Instead of adding to all the negativity on the internet—reviews in particular—I’m going to even things out by saying what I like. Everything has something good to it. Sometimes it’s only one scene, others are bursting with awesomeness.
Here is a complete list of everything I liked about The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1.
- It makes it obvious that turning a bad book into two parts just makes the story more boring. Fingers crossed that the movie gets such bad word of mouth that studious stop splitting books into two movies.
- You can go to the bathroom whenever you want without worrying about missing something important.
- The second time they go back to district 12 for no reason Gale is wearing a sweater that looks comfy. It reminds me of my writing sweater.
- The only scene that was entertaining was when Pita Pit choked the red into Katnis’s eyes. That was awesome but my judgement might be skewed because it was the only thing that happened in this movie.
- There was a random commercial before the movie—I don’t even remember what they were advertising—where a cookie and a carton of milk decided to dress up to go see the hunger games. The milk dressed up as Katnis (no idea how to spell her ridiculous name) and the cookie agreed to be Peeta (No idea how to spell his even more ridiculous name). The Milk wore a quiver and a bow. The cookie dressed up as a Pita. It was amazing. I hope everyone starts calling him Pita Pit. That ad was better than the actual movie and it was only thirty seconds long.
End of list. For real, that’s the end of the list. There is nothing else good about this movie.